Supporting professional development and nursing networks
The Australasian Sexual Health and HIV Nurses Association (ASHHNA) is the peak Australasian sexual, reproductive health and HIV nurses professional organisation.
We are an association that exists for and because of the members. The executive is represented on many national working groups and organisations. Individual members of ASHNNA work in diverse roles and settings across Australia and New Zealand and we welcome members from neighbouring countries.
ASHHNA members support each other to share and develop knowledge and skills to improve the sexual and reproductive health of individuals and communities and support people living with HIV.
Our aims are to:
- Promote sexual and reproductive health and HIV nursing as a professional specialty
- Advance the standards and scope of sexual and reproductive health and HIV nursing practice
- Facilitate the exchange of professional information to ensure effective communication and networking
- Act as the representatives of the Australasian sexual and reproductive health and HIV nurses in discussions with government and non government bodies at the State, Territory and federal level
- Support the standard and scope of evidence based professional development of nurses in the speciality
- Promote collaborative research in sexual and reproductive health and HIV nursing