In the spirit of reconciliation the Australasian Sexual Health and HIV Nurses Association acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Suzanne, Sexual Health, HIV and Hepatitis C, Rural Victoria
David,Sexual Health, Victoria
Anne & Tammy, Sexual Health, Canberra.
Donna, Sexual Health, Perth
Angela, Maudie, Shannon, Antonia, Debbie, Cat, Justine, Lana, Rose, Sexual Health and HIV, Canberra
Anna-Lucia, Sydney, NSW
Emma, Wade, Fiona, Adam, Liz and Paula; Sexual Health & HIV Services, Metro North Brisbane
Kate, Current: Trachoma, NT. Former: Sexual Health and HIV, Victoria
Jan-Marie, Joel, Helen Sexual Health, Aboriginal Health, Child Health, Remote WA
Melinda Hassall, ASHM Clinical Nurse Lead
Sandra, SHINE, SA
The Australasian Sexual Health and HIV Nurses Association (ASHHNA) is the peak Australasian sexual, reproductive health and HIV nurses professional organisation.
We are an association that exists for and because of the members. The executive is represented on many national working groups and organisations. Individual members of ASHHNA work in diverse roles and settings across Australasia and from the Global Nursing community
ASHHNA members support each other to share and develop knowledge and skills to improve the sexual and reproductive health of individuals and communities and support people living with HIV.
Our aims are to:
- Support and encourage nursing researchers sexual and reproductive health and HIV nursing as a professional specialty
- Advance the standards and scope of sexual and reproductive health and HIV nursing practice
- Facilitate the exchange of professional information to ensure effective communication and networking
- Act as the representatives of the Australasian sexual and reproductive health and HIV nurses in discussions with government and non government bodies at the State, Territory and Federal level
- Support the professional development of nurses in the specialty
- Promote collaborative research in sexual and reproductive health and HIV nursing
Sexual Health, HIV, Hep C