The Australasian Sexual Health and HIV Nurses Association (ASHHNA) is the peak Australasian sexual, reproductive health and HIV nurses professional organisation.
We are an association that exists for and because of the members. The executive is represented on many national working groups and organisations. Individual members of ASHHNA work in diverse roles and settings across Australasia and from the Global Nursing community
ASHHNA members support each other to share and develop knowledge and skills to improve the sexual and reproductive health of individuals and communities and support people living with HIV.
Please see our Endorsement Policy & our Research Promotion Guide
Our aims are to:
- Support and encourage nursing researchers sexual and reproductive health and HIV nursing as a professional specialty
- Advance the standards and scope of sexual and reproductive health and HIV nursing practice
- Facilitate the exchange of professional information to ensure effective communication and networking
- Act as the representatives of the Australasian sexual and reproductive health and HIV nurses in discussions with government and non government bodies at the State, Territory and Federal level
- Support the professional development of nurses in the specialty
- Promote collaborative research in sexual and reproductive health and HIV nursing